Pediatric Speech Therapy… Speech pathology will identify and improve abilities with expressive/receptive language, functional communication skills, and oral motor feeding issues. Your kid’s therapy can be made up of individual sessions, joint speech pathology and occupational therapy sessions and also group therapy sessions.
- Client based approaches provides you with the best therapy
- Continuous feedback and guidance to the parents
- Rigorous training to the Specialised staff
- Supportive team that works together to achieve the same goals
- Trusted therapy centre accessed by thousands of families
Evaluation and Treatment
Evaluations at Ascend looks at the whole child through a comprehensive and customized assessment. Our team takes the time to learn about your child’s communication needs through a family interview followed by an individualized evaluation. Ascend therapists use informal, play based, and/or formal assessment protocols allowing for a full picture of your child’s communication. Although your child is working, they are having a whole lot of fun! At Ascend, each therapy session is customized to motivate your child and meet his/her needs. Customized tips, school, and home plans are given at the end of each session to assist in faster acquisition of skills and generalization beyond our office doors. Our therapists provide customized treatment services to address:
Each evaluation is accompanied by a consultation meeting to discuss your child’s strengths and areas for growth. Areas of evaluation for children age birth to high school include:
- Childhood apraxia of speech
- Expressive/Receptive language
- Language Processing
- Listening skills for children with hearing loss/cochlear implants
- Expressive language skills
- Receptive Language Skills
Quarterly progress meetings are provided to Parent’s to track the child’s progress and discuss any new issues or concerns based on time at home or school.