The child has a world of Ascend to explore and stay connected. A child’s hearing is so critical for development, even partial hearing loss can result in an impaired ability to speak and acquire language. Hearing aids can be especially helpful for children because their young brains are in a period of rapid development. Ascend input improves development of speech and cognitive functions. Our team makes pediatric hearing services joyful and interactive, and we invite you to be part of the process.
Evaluation and Treatment
No age is too young. Hearing is crucial in everyone’s lives, and our team is dedicated to providing you with immediate results on your child’s hearing abilities. We assess newborns, toddlers, school-age children, and teenagers. We even invite special populations, including those with Autism Spectrum Disorder.
Ascend’s approach to treating hearing loss is patient-first with a goal to make the Ascend you hear clear and pleasant. We look at the unique needs of your child and use best practices to ensure best outcomes.
Our services include:
- Physical examination of the outer ear and the ear canal (otoscopy)
- Behavioral assessment (Conditioned Play Audiometry and Visual Reinforcement Audiometry)
- Pure tone audiometry
- Middle ear measurements (tympanometry and acoustic reflexes)
- Inner ear measurements (otoacoustic emissions)
- Brainstem Evoked Response Audiometry (BERA)
- Hearing instruments (hearing aids) and technology
- Adjustment and informational counselling
- Assistive listening devices and FM systems
- Hearing protection
- Early intervention
- Multidisciplinary care